Saturday, December 20, 2014

My transforming table


I really like my little table. It's from Ikea, and I haven't seen any other company who makes something very close. When I don't need a table top for anything, it folds down like the above photo., giving me lots of space.


If two or three people are eating dinner, or I have a small project, I fold out one side like this.


The center has six drawers, three on each side which house little stuff like pens, lighters, tacks, chargers, and tons of other odds and ends.


If I have anything that needs a larger table space, I can easily spin the table around and fold out both wings like this. Now it is close to filling my living room space. If I would pull it away from the wall (and had more chairs which I don't at the moment) I could easily seat six or even eight people around it.


They are not paying me to advertise or anything, but for multiple functions and a small space, I highly recomend this table. You can find it at http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10290221/. And they even have several other colors if you don't like the natural wood one that I have.

7 comments:

  1. I have always liked this table. We got a table that is teak and from Norway, where it has a square top about 40" square and then two panels, one each end, slide out from underneath to give a big table 40x100.. OK for us old married folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the table that we have been looking to buy for our tiny home. We are just cheap and dont want to pay 200 for a table. so im waiting for one to pop up on craigslist or something.
    Also, in our house, we have nice chairs to match.. and they fold..we got ours at costco for 35 a chair.. but here is the only link i could find to show them. http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=WYF078276698573&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:WYF078276698573&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=WYF078276698573&KPID=WYF078276698573&kpid=WYF078276698573&gclid=CLzXlZCQ58ICFROTfgodVysADQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had that table solid oak loved it but instead of draws in the middle it was open and had chairs that came with beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide between this table and a small wall mounted table. I want something that doesn't take up much space, but it seems like it would be nice to be able to move the table and have the option of making it bigger..... Is it worth having this table verses a smaller wall mounted one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I love this one and prefer it's flexibility over the wall mounted kind. But everyones situation and needs are different, so you may not find the same to be true for you.

      Delete
  5. I have a table like this, but it holds four chairs inside instead of the drawers. I can't decide which I like better. They both serve great purposes.

    ReplyDelete