Friday, December 18, 2015

Moose In The Yard


When I woke this morning, I had visitors! This mama and her baby, were wondering around and nibbling on branches. I watched them for a while. They glanced at me and my kitty on the porch, and continued to meander around the clearing. 


Right now I'm typing in my loft and looking at them bedded down at the back edge of my little clearing. Below is a shot of them from my loft window. I wonder how long they will hang out? I haven't seen a moose here since the last mama with twins, but I know there are usually some nearby.



The baby, while quite large was still more shy than his mama and stayed mostly in the trees.



Don't I live in the sweetest spot ever?


I'll just have to be sure I check where they are before I go out to shovel or hop in my van so we don't run into each other!


3 comments:

  1. You most definitely live is a very sweet spot. So glad you share it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm glad some others can enjoy the photos of it at least.

      Delete