Thursday, July 2, 2015

Haying


You may know that work around the property is part of how I pay for my stunning house parking spot here. This year I helped with the haying as part of that. We had an amazing hot dry stretch of 12 days in a row (after six weeks of rain that helped all the grass get super tall) that let all the hay get baled and put up in beautiful condition. And then a huge downpour about an hour after the last bales came out of the field. It was so nice to watch the lightning, wind, and rain and know the hay was done!










2 comments:

  1. So how you moving those bales from the field? Throwing them on the trucks or do you have a mechanical advantage? Either way, looks like a lot of work. Just found your site today. From what I've seen, it's a great site. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Stacking them by hand on a trailer. And yes, it's a lot of work. I was mostly driving the truck while someone else was stacking the bales (while I like hay, I'm pretty allergic to it) so they were doing the really hard work. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete