Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving Thoughts


Hello from Burley and I in the snowstorm which is finally blanketing the area is a permanent coat of white for the year. (It's about 6 inches deeper since snapping this photo) I hope you are all enjoying your Thanksgiving Day! You might have seen this before, but thinking about this kind of thing always makes me more
thankful for a warm house, food to eat, friends to talk to, snowflakes and birds to watch, and a good dog sleeping at my feet. 

If you woke up this morning
with more health than illness,
you are more blessed than the
million who won’t survive the week.

If you have never experienced
the danger of battle,
the loneliness of imprisonment,
the agony of torture or
the pangs of starvation,
you are ahead of 20 million people
around the world.

If you attend a church meeting
without fear of harassment,
arrest, torture, or death,
you are more blessed than almost
three billion people in the world.

If you have food in your refrigerator,
clothes on your back, a roof over
your head and a place to sleep,
you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank,
in your wallet, and spare change
in a dish someplace, you are among
the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If your parents are still married and alive,
you are very rare,
especially in the United States.

If you can read this message,
you are more blessed than over
two billion people in the world
that cannot read anything at all.






32 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Ariel and Burley!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope the snow lasts for you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. What a great entry and so true. You and Burley are adorable and make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I hope you enjoyed the day as well.

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving. The snow is supposed to arrive here in Fargo, ND on Friday night through Sunday morning. I actually love the snow so can hardly wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for Shari g your and Burly's lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're welcome! I hope you had a great day too.

      Delete
  6. FOR THE REASONS YOU MENTIONED I AM THANKFUL EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE! YESTERDAY DURING OUR THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION, AS I WATCHED MY CHILDREN GATHER, AND THE GRANDSON PLAY, I REFLECTED BACK UPON YEARS GONE PAST....FOR ME, SUCCESS IS NOT MEASURED BY WEALTH, BUT BY MEMORIES! THANK YOU FOR SHARING LASS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated thanksgiving to you and Burley. This message did not show up in my email until this morning. :-(
    Loved the fact poem. Thanks for sharing. Love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! I hope you has a wonderful day too.

      Delete
  8. 🍀 I needed to read the above. Thank you. Your snow photos, as I've mentioned before, make me hygge happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Thanxgiving to you and Burley!!! Looks like your off to good start with your snowfall total. We only have 2" on the ground but the slopes are all open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post! Thank you for your words, I get caught in the rut of taking so much for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great reminder of how fortunate we are! I just saw your video about the new FTC rules. Well done! I certainly hope your channel and others aren't gone in January- that would be a great loss to me and thousands of other people. Your dog is beautiful and so are you. I hope you tubers can get together in some forum and fight this terrible invasion of our rights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you and Burley a happy belated thanksgiving. I discovered you on YouTube earlier this year and have enjoyed watching your contributions regularly since then. I would like to believe the COPPA controversy will be resolved sensibly rather than restricting the best of our lives further. I am inspired to reflect on my own life choices as I travel through the wealth of vicarious experiences you provide. I’ll be 70 in a few months and I live in SW Victoria, Australia in the small city of Warrnambool. Thank you for providing such a brilliant range of engaging content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for all the kind words. I hope so. Happy upcoming birthday!

      Delete
  13. All 3 of you look happy and healthy with you being leader of thé pack, hope you can continue on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete